Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween Dinner

We had our annual Halloween dinner on the night before Halloween this year.

I got dry ice the day before and then wrapped it in a sleeping bag and put it in a cooler.  It stayed the same size!  Last year, I put it in the freezer and it melted.  Now, I know that's what happens when you put it in the freezer.

The witches brew was the biggest hit of the night for sure.









A new one for this year was the spaghetti noodle hot dogs.  We didn't name them, but they did look creepy.
Jason liked the ghosts.  They were bananas with chocolate chips for eyes and a marshmallow for a mouth.
We did ghosts in a graveyard (pudding with marshmallows).

And the brain.

We also had witch fingers (bread sticks), witch faces (pears with faces on them), meatballs, and rice.  The candles that dripped "blood"red wax were a hit too.  It felt a little rushed to me.  I always have big plans for other fun things, but the reality of it is that it takes a long time to put these things together and I always have hungry faces looking at me, asking when it's dinner time.
It's still really fun and I'm glad we were able to fit it in this year.  Yay for Halloween!