Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Sandwich Boy

While I was busy canning all sorts of things, and there were messes in every room of the house (it's still that way)...we ran out of bread.  I was busy, and each day had something pretty big in it, so I didn't have time to make bread..for days and days.  Jason was slowly wasting away.  He survives on peanut butter and honey sandwiches dipped in milk.  I guess I didn't realize how many he ate in a week until we were out of bread for almost a month.  He has a sandwich every morning for breakfast, and then almost every day for lunch.  His only variant is if it's tomato soup and then it's a cheese sandwich.  I was buying bread, but that didn't matter to Jason.  He only wanted his sandwiches made out of my bread.  We were having some real struggles.  Each meal, he'd sit up at the table and ask if I had made bread yet.  When I hadn't, he'd say "Oh man! But we need to have bread!  I asked if you would make it and you didn't make it yet!  All we have is this yucky bread!"  He was so sad.  For a long time, he was asking me to "just check" and make sure there wasn't any bread in the freezer.  Sorry friend.
He was living on snack foods and tomato soup.  
When I finally made bread again, he was one happy kid...


I guess I need to figure out a way to keep life's priorities in check.  He can't be without his beloved peanut butter and honey sandwiches for more than a few days.  Sorry dude.