It was crazy hair day at school, so I had to get up and get Allie and Nate going with some crazy hair. We weren't as creative as some of the kids these days, but it was good enough for them.
My mom came up to spend the day with me. I didn't know what to do with her because she is always so productive when she comes up. I couldn't just have a lazy day and watch her zoom around cleaning things at my house. I didn't want to go off shopping and have her watch Jason because I wanted to hang out with her. So, we canned applesauce. I've had some apples sitting around smelling really good, but also taunting me and making it feel like I couldn't do fun things until it was done. So we dealt with the apples. It was fun to visit with her. It was also fun to have her witness how much Jason can talk. He seriously wears me out. At first, she'd try and listen attentively, but then she realized that he just doesn't stop, so she learned that it's best just to say "oh really?" every now and then.
I wish I had pictures of him "helping" with the apples. Mom was worried that he'd chop his fingers off. She gave him a butter knife instead of the sharp one he was using (with his fingers curled around the blade). He was able to chop through apples with that butter knife! He was determined.
Anyway, we did 14 quarts of applesauce and she made me a cake. We got to use my new birthday gift cake stand. I love it.
Mom had eye surgery a few weeks ago and can't see well in the dark yet, so we went out for an early dinner and she left for home. We came back and had cake. Jason was in his room having some "lonely time", so he missed the pictures, but he did come out to eat cake after he cheered up.
1 comment:
What a fun day!!! Happy birthday to sue!
Post a Comment