Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Our school chooses a book for the kids to read with their families each year.  Last year, it was My Side of the Mountain.  I remember reading Frindle, The Mouse and the Motorcycle, and The World According to Humphrey.  There might have been another book or two, but those are the ones I remember.  Anyway, this year, it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  It was so fun to read with the kids.  All of them loved it and I even found that Jake was willing to stay and listen because he remembered and liked certain parts.  
After we finish the book, the school has a literacy night where you go and spend time with your family doing crafts or reading books.  This year was totally crowded, but the kids had fun.  We even dragged Jake along.

 They had a room where you created your own candy bar wrapper.



And a room where you created an employee of the chocolate factory.

Willy Wonka himself was even there!

They gave out tons of candy and the kids who go to school there were able to pick out a book.  Nate chose a Star Wars book and Allie got There is a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom.  We've already started reading it together because we got into a good groove of reading at night.  I love this tradition!  I love books!


No comments: