Thursday, March 29, 2018

Conversation on the way home from school...

Jason makes stuff up.  Sometimes his stories are so convincing that I just don't know it's a story at first.  Here's an example...


Jason: That's John Doe (I actually can't remember what kid he was talking about, so we are just using John Doe).

Me:  He looks like a nice kid!

Jason:  He is a nice kid.  His dad picks him up from school.

Me:  That's nice of him.

Jason:  He picks him up because his mom is dead.

Me:  What!?  That's terrible!  She's dead?

Jason:  Yeah...she's dead.  She got shot.

Me:  I don't know about that Jason. (finally realizing that he's telling one of his "stories")

Jason:  She did!  She got shot and she died.  But you just didn't hear about it.

Me:  I think that would be in the news if someone around here was shot.

Jason:  They didn't put it on the news.  She just got shot.  But you don't have to ask his dad about it.  That would just make him sad.

Me:  Are you sure this isn't one of your stories?

Jason:  Just don't ask his dad about it...
well, yeah...it is one of my stories.  His mom probably isn't dead.  But his dad does come pick him up!


No comments: