Someone left the car door open...so we had a dead battery when I went out to take Jason to school. The jump starter didn't have enough juice to jump it, so we were in a pickle. My neighbor, Heidi, saved the day by loaning me her car to take Jason to school. Here is our conversation on the way there...
Me: You'll have to tell your teacher that our battery was dead, so that's why you are late.
Jason: I am going to trick everyone. They are going to see me in this car and think we got a new car. Then when you come tomorrow, they'll say "what?! That's your old car! I thought you got a new car!" We will have tricked them.
Me: That is a good idea!
Jason: This is a nice car. The seats are soft and even the seatbelt is soft!
Me: It is super fancy huh!
Jason: I think if Jesus were here, he'd say "no fair! You get to drive in a fast car and all I get is a camel!"
Me: Ha! Jason, you are funny.
Jason: And then he'd tell me that he really did invent cream.
Me: What?
Jason: He'd tell me that he invented cream!
Me: Ummm, ok?(totally confused for a while, I kept making him repeat his sentence until I remembered the conversation we had just had about whipped cream in the can. He was professing his love for whipped cream in the can, and saying how glad he was that Jesus invented it. I told him that Jesus didn't personally invent whip cream. I tried to explain that he did create the cows, and maybe he gave humans the inspiration for it, but he didn't personally come here to give us canned whip cream. So, now I knew where he was coming from.)
Jason: Yeah. When I was saying my prayers, he told me that he invented cream and that he probably wouldn't tell you that. Just me. So, you don't have to ask him about it. He just told me.
(His new thing when he's telling a "story", is to tell me that I don't have to follow through with finding out more information. He doesn't want to get caught in his lie.)
Seriously...where does he get this stuff!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment