Thursday, March 8, 2018

Skiing

Nate has been asking to go skiing all season.  We had a free Saturday, so I told him I'd take him.  

 Allie came with her friend.



 And, I decided to teach Jason how to ski.


Nate went up and down the magic carpet and didn't stop.  He got to where he was pretty good!



Allie took him on the cat walk a few times, so he even got better at getting on and off the ski lift.
Allie and Sage went over and over and even tried the box and the jumps in the trick park.  They were so cute.



Jason loved the magic carpet, but that's about where things ended.



 The long and short of it is that skiing didn't come naturally to him, and he felt a little out of control when I wasn't holding onto him, so it was hard.  He had a little melt down and refused to go down the hill.  So, we gave it a little break and I was so proud of him when he tried again after lunch.  

By then, I was sick of dragging my camera around, so I don't have any more pictures.  But, he did end up having a great time.  We were able to go tubing several times, and we stayed way longer than I expected to stay.  It was a nice day!
It's always hard teaching kids to ski, but Nate is proof that eventually it clicks.  I think Nate was good to go after one day of chaos like this, so I have hope for Jason!

No comments: