My cousin, one of the Belnap family, got married in Provo. That's close enough that I felt like I should go. Mike watched the kids and I got to stay down there the whole day.
My Mom had to check it out because it looked like something she might want some day. :)
I made the goal to take a picture every day this year again. I've been able to be pretty consistent, but I really like making sure I try to think of something to photograph every day, so all morning I dreamed of getting a good shot of Mount Timpanogos. It's the mountain of my childhood and it speaks home to me. The Wellsvilles will always be the mountains of "home" to my kiddos and they are amazing, but Timp is my home. The sky was blue and the sun was shining. The fresh snow made my heart happy. I watched that mountain as I hurried to the temple for the wedding. I was in the car and had no hope of getting the right picture unless I risked an accident. Taking photos and driving has to be way worse than texting.
I looked at it longingly as we got out of the temple and I had a beautiful shot but no camera in hand.
I watched perfect angles disappear as I was once again, in the car, rushing off to sell someone our last baby hedgehog.
I got busy and then I had a lovely mid day nap. When on earth has that ever happened before?!
By the time I could get another picture, the sun was well on its way out of here and I had all sorts of buildings and telephone wires in my way.
Oh well, a bad shot is better than none at all.
Also, the wedding was beautiful.
My Mom helped with the soup table, so I helped with that too.
I love my mom's brothers. They are really good to my mom too, so that's always good.
I drove home amid phone calls asking when I would get home. They all claimed that Charlie was depressed without me. It was a great time to be away after seeing so much of them over the Christmas break :)
No comments:
Post a Comment