Monday, January 7, 2019

Reflections

A few weeks ago, Allie got a letter in the mail.  I didn't think anything of it and handed it to her as I was talking to Mike.  The next thing I know, she's shouting for joy and jumping up and down.  The letter was informing her that she had won the Reflections contest in her school and district and was going to region.  There was an invitation to a gala just after the Christmas break.  As I said, she was very excited.  She has entered a photo in reflections every year and she always does pretty well, but she's never gone this far!

Her friends were over on the day of the gala, so Lily did her hair.


Aubrey did the doll's hair :)

This head with real hair has been a continual favorite for Allie.
The other photos that she was competing against in region were good.

We really didn't know what to expect at all.  When we got there, we discovered that she would find out what place she took in region today and then would go on to state if she took first in region.  All of a sudden, she and I both got really nervous.
Her name was on the program and everything...


She ended up taking third place in region.  She was really happy about winning, but disappointed in herself because they mentioned that the art was all really good, so they awarded mostly on the entry paragraph.  Allie didn't spend much time at all on her paragraph and had she known that, she would have written something much more heartfelt.  It's a lesson learned though and next year, she'll spend more time and thought on that paragraph.

For now, first in her school, first in her district, and third in region is totally awesome!  Way to go Allie!


The theme was Heroes Around Us.

No comments: