Monday, January 28, 2019

Mentors

I had a meeting on Sunday morning and Nathan had a talk.  I asked Jake if he'd help Nate write his talk and he said he would.  He was supposed to mentor a younger scout for his advancement for his Eagle, so we thought at first that this would work for that, but it turns out he needed to do a bit more than that.  He still helped Nate with the talk though and it ended up being a great talk.


As I left one room of kids working together, I came into another room of kids working together.  It makes my heart so happy.  Allie knew how much Jason has been into art lately and she decided to give her crayon kit to him.  He loves it and she sat down to color with him making things even more amazing for Jason.  He's pretty easy to please when you spend time with him.


Every day, he says "I am so glad that Allie gave this to me!  She is the best sister ever."

These kids have always worked pretty well pared up like this.  I've decided to turn a little more responsibility of the Come Follow Me program over to the bigs.  If they can partner up with one little each, then maybe they can present something to the rest of the family.  I'll let you know how that turns out.
Anyway, yay for kids that are getting along!

No comments: