Thursday, June 12, 2008

Book Club Ladeezz



I love my book club. My friend Natalie started it a few years ago. There are very few original members, but those that we add are great. In fact, tonight I discovered that Susanna grew up in the same cul-de-sac as some of my best friends in Orem. She has been coming to book club for a year and we never made the connection.

This month we read The Host by Stephenie Meyer and The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. Mike teases that we only talk about girl stuff and not the books, but really we do talk a lot about the books. I will admit that there is talk of other subjects. Who can get together with a bunch of women and not compare the battle wounds of motherhood? Especially since there have been 6 babies born since we started...Allie was the first and she'll be 2 in August. I love the book club so much that I have only missed one meeting since we started. (Apparently it was a flop without me there...I'm kidding)

Anyway, I decided to snap a picture this time because it was at my house and I figured I would write about the club here. Rachel is missing, and a few others that come off and on, but here we are. If you want to read the same books as us, the next books are The Nazi Officer's Wife and Eragon.
Point of the post...book clubs are fun. (my Mom always teased me as a kid because I tell pointless stories. Still do...)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Do you guys meet every month? And you read two books? Where do you find the time? I can't even keep up with the one book I'm supposed to be reading for book club...it's sad I know. I just don't know how you guys can have clean houses, do your church callings, play with the kids, and find time to read so much. It is awesome.

PS - love the picture of Nat and Porter. First one I've seen!

Sue said...

You don't have to read both books, we just have two options in case you don't want to read one of them. I usually listen to the book while I do dishes, clean the house, etc. So don't think I'm super woman...

Susanna said...

Yay for book club!!!! I look forward to it every month. I still can't believe we grew up next to eachother, crazy!

The picture turned out cute I think.