Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Father's Day!




I'm a few days late on this post, but I had to figure out how to upload a video...I am getting high tech!

I decided to make Mike a video of a few pictures of the kids for Father’s Day. I heard a song a little while ago that made me think and I decided to make the video to that song. It is Trace Adkins “You’re Gonna Miss This” (sorry non country fans). The pictures are from January to now and I thought it was funny that some of the craziest moments wound up being right when the words to the song say “you’re gonna miss this, you’re gonna want this back”. I hope that one day I will miss the messes and chaos, I know I will miss the sweet days because I look at those pictures and I already do.
Anyway, I could write about what a great Dad Mike is, but it would sound cliché. Mike is great, but you’d have to see him with the kids all the time to really get how great he is. We love him and appreciate all he is to us.




We got Mike a hammock also, he likes to lounge in the shade and let the kids treat him like a trampoline/jungle gym. Unfortunately the hammock broke the first night, so we’ll have to go find another one.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

If the hammock broke the first night...I think you better tell Mike to lay off the sweets! J/K. I guess if he is half as good of a dad as you say he is, he can eat all the sweets he wants! Happy Father's Day Mike!

PS - love the naked picture of Jake in the video.

Berly said...

I have seen Mike in action and know he is a great Dad and he by the way, he is a great Uncle too. My girls love him!!

lori parkhurst said...

One of the photos of Allie in her crib looks like your twin. Happpy fathers day mike!We love you