I am ashamed of myself for not taking many pictures on our first ride in the boat, so this is all you get. Newton dam is not too bad this time of year. Even though it was cold the kids wanted to get in the water.
Things I forgot to bring on the boat:
1. An extra life jacket--to replace the one that flew out on the way over (luckily we had one of those really cute orange rectangle life jackets in the boat.)
2. Toilet Paper--for the boy who had to poop in the bushes
3. Diapers--for the girl who sat in the lake, making the current diaper the size of a large squishy bean bag
4. Extra clothes--for the kids who frolicked in the cold water
5. Spoons--for the snack packs (who needs spoons anyway, they have hands that were recently playing in the refreshing water at Newton dam)
I did forget to bring a lot of things, however, you need to give me credit for the hand sanitizer I brought (came in useful after wiping the boy’s bum on an old crusty t-shirt).
I also had my camera, and lots of towels to wrap up naked kids for the ride home…all the really important stuff.
2 comments:
Hey! You've given in to the dark side - I love blogs! It makes me feel connected to people even though we never get to see anyone! Very jealous of your boat, and your kids are adorable - it's been too long. I honestly can't remember my bosses name at the candy counter, it could have been Linda?? I'll have to go back in my journal... Hope the next time with the boat goes more smoothly!
Looks like you guys definitely need to come down here and find out what a real beach looks like! Looks like the kids had fun - probably didn't even realize all those things were missing!!
Post a Comment