Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ode to bellies





I had to write about it. I love little kid bellies. The more they stick out, the cuter they are.


This picture shows how we used to discover Allie after she woke up in the morning. Unless she has a tight onsie on with really good snaps, she can get out of any jammies. This hat gets dragged around everywhere. She loves hats and shoes...clothes are sometimes optional. Anyway, this is the only picture I have that sort of shows the belly. She is starting to lose her belly chub and I am so sad about it. Jake lost his belly when he turned 1 and has been pretty skinny since then.

Point of post...
Every day when I slather lotion on Allie we argue about whose belly it is. I tell her I want her belly and she says dramatically "no, it's Ayee's belly" and we go back and forth with the "mine", "no mine" for a while. The other day when I asked to trade, (because who wouldn't want a perfect little belly with no stretch marks, or c-section scars, or excess flubber) she said "no, can't...it's stuck." Bummer!

2 comments:

Susanna said...

I love baby bellies too! My little Phebe has had an abnormaly large belly since she was one. I asked my doctor about it and he said that she is so little that her organs had no where else to go. I'm kind of glad she's small, because I get to see that little belly poke out all the time!
Allie, is such a cutie, I loved seeing you kids the other night, super cute!

Melissa said...

Totally agree about the bellies. I love how Audrey's just sticks out and is so round. I want to rub it everytime I see it! Love that Allie gets out of her jammies and only wears a hat. Too funny!