A few days ago Kristin, our neighbor who just had a baby girl, came over to play. Allie was fascinated with the baby and wanted to hold her and play with her. She said that she wanted a baby. Before long, the baby started to cry in hopes of getting food in reply. By this time, Jake wanted a baby too. Kristin said “you want one of those? A crying baby? Are you sure?” She sounded doubtful as she picked up the crying baby in question. Jake said that he did. Kristin took the baby home to feed her, but the subject wasn’t dropped. Jake continued to say that he wanted a baby just like that. He said he wanted a girl (I pointed out that he did have a little sister and she cried a lot too, mostly because he was bothering her.) He insisted that he wanted a baby… “she will cry, and I will make her happy.”
No thanks bud. I’ve heard about families that get pets for their kids. Even though the kid promises to do all the work, the mom ends up being the one who scoops the poop and fills the water bowl. I can see it now, we get a baby, it cries, you kiss it and hold it and tell it to hush, then you give up and I am stuck with a cranky kid. It happens every time. I’m not ready for that yet.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I dunno Sue, I would believe Jake. I bet he would love a baby and try to make it happy, too. Steve has been awesome with Brooke and Kyle is simply amazing with Blake. I do understand about the pet thing, though. Sooner or later things usually work out that way.
G'ma/Bonnie
Post a Comment