Monday, June 16, 2008

"Skut peese Mom"




Allie and I have frequent arguments about clothes. I still think she is young enough that I should be able to play dress-up with her. She thinks every day is a "skut" day (skirt). I am okay with that because she has lots of really cute skirts. But sometimes it is too cold for a "skut", or it is a "skut" that I don't want covered in mud. (We have had crazy cold and rainy weather). Sometimes she can be talked into capris or pants, but it is a job.

The other day she went to our friend Aubrey's house and got dressed up in this little number. They got princess music out and twirled in the yard. She sees me with "my pod" (in a kid's mind my+ipod= my pod) and always wants to take it. This "my pod" is perfect because it plays princess songs, what could be better?



She is a girlie girl though and I love it. We painted toe nails a few days ago, and she loves to put "pretties" in her hair (a pretty is any sort of hair clip), and try on all the shoes in the house.
Yesterday she found these curlers. We called them "Spongies" as a kid. Of course the idea of having them in her hair was better than keeping them in, but she kept them in long enough to give her a little wave...pretty cute.



6 comments:

lori parkhurst said...

Its so fun when they are old enough to be girlie girls. Love you

Berly said...

It is fun to have a girlie girl, but watch out if they like to pick out their clothes at this age. They turn into a 6 1/2 year old who lays out 3 outfits on the bed and spends 15 minutes figuring out which one works out the best. And, it is worse when they know we are going to a party where there will be boys. I know!! It has already happened. AHHHHHHHH!!

Melissa said...

I love the curler's picture. So stinkin' cute!

jeri said...

I must have a "my pod". Where did you get the princess one?

Tara Schwab said...

Dress up is so fun. She looks just you Sue!

Sue said...

The princess "my-pod" is Aubrey's. I'm not sure where it came from...sorry Jeri.