Saturday, June 7, 2008

Mommy, Allie, and a mustard free shirt!


Today, I had a huge list of places to go. Mike told me that he would stay home with Jake, but I had to take Allie. To tell you the truth, I was a little bummed that he wouldn't keep both kids at home, or at least let me take Jake because he is so much easier to shop with. After all was said and done though, I was so glad for the great time I had with Allie.

I needed a few new shirts, so we went to Old Navy and she was rewarded with 2 bouncy balls (25 cents) for her “patience” while I tried on clothes. She tried on all the shirts I dicarded and would say "don like" and move on to the next. The bouncy balls made it all the way to the parking lot before she lost them under cars.
Next stop was lunch at Sam’s Club and it was so great to just sit there with her and listen to what she had to say. When she and Jake are together, they fight over the drink that they have to share. I’m constantly catching her from falling off the chair while I am trying to make sure everyone has food. Today I got to have her on my lap and she didn't fall once. Finally, the biggest plus…we didn’t come away covered in mustard. It was just so fun. I think I kissed her 50 times as we sat there because she was so cute. I love spending time with each kid alone. She was done after a few stops, and I'll have to go out again in order to finish my "to do" list, but that's okay because we had a great time...love you girlie!

3 comments:

Berly said...

I also love spending time with each child individually. Sometimes they are a completely different child, especially Taylor. When Nicole isn't constantly picking her up, she is not very whiny - it is amazing.

Tara Schwab said...

These are the moments that make the crazy worth it.

Melissa said...

It is amazing how just getting 1:1 time with each child can just change the entire perspective! I love that she would try on the clothes after you - how cute is that!