Sunday, February 17, 2013

Church Stuff

I am in the Primary now, so I get to see all the cute little kiddos of our ward every week.  A few weeks ago, I taught my very first Sharing Time ever.  I think I helped do one once when I was first in this ward, but I don't think it counts because I didn't plan it.
Anyway, it was about the Plan of Salvation and I talked about my cute little Sam boy and how much I love my family and want to be with them forever.  I got all choked up and everything :)
The lesson suggested that we let the kids color pictures about what makes them happy.  When kids looked stumped, I suggested that they draw their families.  
The lesson must have really sunk in for Jake because this is the paper he brought home...


 So proud of the boy.

Another funny one that came home in the church bag was this gem...


Joseph Smith's example eh?  I can live with that!

This last picture is my favorite.  We were sitting on the bench and Allie asked me how to spell Jesus.  I pointed it out on the Book of Mormon and she thanked me and returned to work on her paper.  When she was done, this is what she showed me...


I love it.  As far as I'm concerned, she has learned the most important thing.  She is loved.  Jesus loves her.  I am so glad that she knows that.  It will help her throughout her life.  
I know that Jesus loves me.  I am so grateful for that knowledge.  
It feels like a bit of a circus act getting to and from church these days, but it's worth the struggle.  Nate is happy with nursery now and goes without complaint (I was worried for a while).  Allie and Jake may be silly little restless kids in Primary, but when I lock eyes with one of them and they smile with complete joy at having me in there with them, it makes it all worth it.  They are getting something out of it, and I get even more.

No comments: