If you have noticed, I have been posting a lot lately. Here are my reasons. For one, I made a goal to take a picture a day this year. I think I was already a pretty regular picture taker, but this has made me more regular.
I have a cousin who made it a goal to blog about a picture a day this year. I have checked in on her blog several times now, knowing that I will be rewarded with a peek into her family's life. It's been fun. I don't know how many people read my blog anymore, but I thought I would at least give those of you who do something to look at :).
I also started making my blog into a book. I used to think that I would just print the pictures and make scrapbooks, but that just hasn't happened. It's not that it will never happen, but it just hasn't yet. So, I looked into printing my blog, and although it's expensive, I think it's something I am going to do. As I got my blog ready to download, I got stuck reading old posts. I can't believe how much my kids have grown in the few years that I have been writing about them on this blog. I am so grateful that I wrote as much as I did because I have forgotten so much.
So, the point of this post...
I will be trying to post more often, maybe just a picture a day like my cousin, but it should be more often.
I am also going to have lots of entries that are "Things I don't want to forget..." I have realized that it really doesn't take much time to post a blog entry, but it creates a memory for me forever. So, you'll be seeing lots of those.
I also feel bad that Nate and Jason are dominating the posts these days. Fact is, they are who I see the most of. Allie and Jake got plenty of posts when they were small. It doesn't mean that I have thrown them to the side of the road as I enjoy the "cuteness" that comes from my small ones these days. This picture a day challenge has made me get more creative in the pictures I take of them too. So, I'll try to post more about them.
I don't really know why I wrote this post, other than to try and inspire you to take more pictures and write more about the little every day things. I have been glad for what I have done. Now that things are digital, it doesn't cost anything to take pictures.
I also keep a file for each of my kids on the computer and when they say something funny, or just need an update, I type out a page in Word and save it in their file. I hope they'll be grateful for it some day.
So there it is...there was a time when I thought I would just quit writing in my blog because I didn't think anyone read it anymore, but then I realized that I was really doing it for me...so off I go again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you post to your blog often! It always makes me feel like I know your kids well, even though we haven't seen you in so long. So keep doing it!
Post a Comment