Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Allie reminded me that the last few years they have woken up to a trail of hearts and a little treat in a box on the table.  In the haze that is my life these days, I had forgotten, so was glad of the friendly reminder before it was too late.  Nate didn't have a cute box yet, but he will for next year.


 Check out that morning hair.  He was mad that I took away his treats.




 They enjoyed their pancakes for breakfast and were soon off to school to enjoy the day.


Jason was having a lie in (isn't that how the British say it?), but Nate made sure to make his morning happy.
Wet kisses straight from the shower.  Have I mentioned that kid is obsessed with showers?  He pounds on the door as he attempts to get all his clothes off and begs anyone to take him in.

He's a cutie.
Anyway, the real point of the post is this story.
I didn't get to the store to buy the boxed Valentine sets, so I just cut out a bunch of hearts on my Cricut.  Allie addressed all her cards earlier in the day and I gave Jake his set while I was cleaning up dinner.  I guess I didn't explain what he was supposed to do with them and as he sat there looking as if he were stuck on a particularly hard math problem, I told him to hurry up.  I reminded him that he didn't need to write first and last names, just get it done.  He returned to his finished pile and said that he hadn't put names on them yet.  I was confused, so I looked over his shoulder.  He had turned the paper hearts into conversation hearts, but hadn't addressed them yet.  I thought it was cute as I read the first few..."U R Awesome", and "Best Friends".  I patted him on the back and said that it was cute, but he didn't need to take all that much time on them because he still had homework and other stuff.  So after that, he just put names on them.
I go through all this explaining so you can understand why these hearts turned out the way they did...and why I couldn't call myself a good mother if I let him take this to his class today.


 I was so shocked at first that I laughed and asked Jake if he had kissed Mason.  He said "No!  That's gross!  I was just making those heart things that we like to eat."


He filled out the messages first and then added the names, but that sweet innocent boy doesn't know the repercussions of giving those to boys :)



He was able to keep some of them and they all made me smile.  It was a creative thought all on his own, I just didn't want him to be the creepy kid in class :).  Can you blame me?  If Jake came home with a Valentine that said "First Kiss" on it, from a boy or girl, we'd have to chat.

No comments: