We planted our apple tree when I was pregnant with Sam. So it is five years old. We have only eaten two apples from that tree until this year. The deer just couldn't leave it alone. That, and it was just too small to produce until now. It is a honeycrisp tree and the apples are so good.
The kids have been eating from it for a few weeks now. They think it tastes better picked straight from the tree. Who knows, maybe it does.
I was just excited that we were able to have some apples this year. I think we got about 50. I have been picking apples from other people's trees for my apple sauce. Most of the people are grandmas and say that they just don't have anyone to eat the apples anymore. I wonder if I'll have to call people up in 30 years and tell them to come and pick my apples because there isn't anyone around to eat them. Right now in the thick of things, that's pretty hard to imagine. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment