I just realized that I never wrote about what we did for Sam's birthday. It was a busy day because Allie had dance and that always makes for a late dinner. I had planned to make a cake, but the day got away from me. So we were super happy when my friend brought over some cupcakes to wish us a happy day. It was so nice of her to remember! Even better that we got yummy cupcakes and I didn't even lift a finger.
We put out five cupcakes in honor of his birth five years ago.
Of course, there was fighting over who could blow out the candles, so we lit them several times.
Those cupcakes were so yummy!
Then, Jake asked if we could light off fireworks. He is a little pyro and loves lighting fireworks. We decided that it would be a fun activity and let them play for a little while with sparklers and bottle rockets.
It was a beautiful day and we all enjoyed ourselves. I decided to transcribe Sam's baby blessing and that was a good thing to do. It reminded me of some of the things we know of Sam's special spirit and how amazing it is to have him in our family. Mike and I were able to go to the temple and we just had a good time thinking about our boy and celebrating his life. It was a great day and I love the conversations that it generated with Nate and Allie and Jake. I love talking about Sam and remembering the ripples in the water that the little tiny tossed stone of his life have created.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment