Saturday, January 17, 2015

More Christmas...

We stayed home all Christmas day and didn't leave for Orem until nap time the next day.  So the kids had fun playing with their new toys.  We got some snow on Christmas morning and that was a happy sight.  It's been a strange winter here.  We always welcome snow. 


I thought this was cute...I looked over and noticed Allie reading a book to the fish.  She loves her pets...


This is a really cool toy.  Allie enjoyed taking the babies on lots of rides.

She also made us several cupcakes.




Jason wanted to eat them for real...he ended up with blue lips from the markers.




Jake got a few books and read them all during the break from school. That boy is a reading machine.

He's also a gamer.  He got a few games for Christmas and Nate loved to watch him play.


Nate also got some stomper trucks like Mike had as a kid, so they had fun watching what they could do.
I went to the temple on the morning after Christmas and it was the most beautiful I have ever seen the temple.  There was fresh snow on every turret and snow flocking all the trees.  The sun was just coming up, so it made the sky pink on the East with a blue strip on the West.  Everything else was pure white.  It was just so beautiful.  I wish I had a camera.  I love those moments here on earth when we are shown some of the most beautiful things and reminded that Heavenly Father created them for us and our happiness.  I am so grateful for this beautiful world that we live in.  Life is good.

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas and the temple sounds breathtaking!