A while ago, we got word that my sister in law Alana was going to be in Orem. I hadn't met my nephew Matthew yet, and Orem is a lot closer than Georgia, so I loaded up the kids (minus Jake who couldn't miss school) and went down to see them. I picked Alana up at the airport and we made our way to Grandma's house. She was happy to see all of us.
I kissed all over those cute cheeks...
We also played with Bo. He is a little bit harder to win over, but Allie got a big smile out of him.
We celebrated Bo's birthday while we were there and he got some BYU stuff. Grandma jumped right on the opportunity to tease Mike with this picture thinking she would incite rage. I think we all agree that if Nate were good enough to play football at BYU, we wouldn't mind that Y at all.
Lori's kids got out of school a bit early to come say hello too. It was a fun afternoon.
Mother's day was right around the corner and I wanted to help my mom plant her flowers for my gift. We got it all done as the kids played at the park and all around.
I sure do love my Momma.
It was a short visit, and we were going to see them all again soon at the Johnson reunion, but I was so glad we went. There wasn't anyone (but Allie and my mom) to compete with for Matthew and Bo's attention, and we got to know them quietly rather than in the chaos of the reunion later on. It was a great trip to Orem land.
1 comment:
I'm so happy you came down! It was fun to hang out!!!!
Post a Comment