Monday, June 12, 2017

Spring Soccer for Allie

Allie really enjoys soccer, so she played on the city league again this year.


Allie and Lily were on the same team again...


They thought I was silly for taking pictures of their backs and then making them turn around and pose, it's tradition!  I've done it year after year, so I'm not about to stop now...

Allie had to be goalie at quite a few games.  She didn't love the position.  When I say that she didn't "love" the position, what I really mean is the word that is opposite of love.  She really did not like being goalie.  Any time she let a goal go by, she would get really upset.  She saved a lot of goals too, but couldn't see past the ones she let in.



In the end, she was really looking forward to scoring a goal.  She wasn't a forward very often and so she didn't have the chance to score very often.  She tried every game and had a few assists, but the goal was elusive.  Finally, on the second to last game, she scored.  I cheered as loud as I could and watched the joy in her face as she ran back from scoring the goal.  It was her shining moment of the season.  All the goals she let in could be ignored.  She scored a goal and life was great.  :)

1 comment:

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Yay Allie!!! Way to go girl!!! So proud of you!!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️ ⚽️