Monday, June 5, 2017

June 4th

My dad died on June 4th, 14 years ago.  As much as time heals, I still find myself in a bit of a funk on that day each year.  It was just such a crappy day.  
This year, it fell on a Sunday.  I decided to grill steak in honor of my dad.  It cracked me up to look over at Jason's plate and see that he had more ketchup than steak on his plate.  Not only does he look like him, he also has a love of ketchup.




My dad would have loved getting to know these cute kids of mine.
I do find comfort in knowing that he knew them before they came to me, but I still feel a bit ripped off sometimes when I think of how much I enjoyed my grandpa and I wish my kids could have had that kind of relationship with my dad.
Oh well, we take what we get and enjoy the time we have with those we love while we have it.  I'm just so grateful for the knowledge I have of where he is now.  It does bring peace.
Love you dad!

No comments: