Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Allie's Request

I've mentioned that Allie and Jake like to read the blog now.  With the blog in mind, they occasionally suggest things that I should blog about.  This is one of Allie's requests...

Mike was 30 when we got married, so he spent a lot of years with roommates "bach'n it up" as he calls it.  He did most, if not all, of his grocery shopping down the frozen food aisle.  Between the mission and all those years of bachelorhood, he also ate more than his fair share of boxed macaroni and top ramen.  It's what he knows how to cook.  So, when he's in charge of dinner, it's what he does. Last Sunday, I was slow in getting dinner started and next thing I know, Mike was directing Allie to go to the basement for some ramen noodles.  He was cooking.
When he served it up in cups, all the kids looked at each other, looked down in their cups, and didn't know what to do with themselves.  Ramen comes in bowls when I serve it.  They have never known it any other way.  Water, juice, and milk comes in cups...not soup!
I told them that their dad had spent a lot of years eating out of as few dishes as possible because he didn't want to have to do them.  He probably didn't even own a bowl.  He also knows his way around noodles...so they should trust him.  They dug in, and they all preferred eating the noodles from the cup.  They said it was easier.  So, I guess my way is out and dad's way is in.