Jacob is 15! Crazy!
He chose homemade mac and cheese for dinner. He also had a gallon of his favorite kind of OJ all to himself.
He got his own spatula because he loves making eggs.
And, I made fudge for him since he isn't a fan of cake.
Happy birthday Jacob!
You are such a good boy. I am so glad you have had such a good freshman year so far. I love that you love swimming and I am glad you have some good friends.
You are handsome and nice, so that's a good combo.
I keep trying to think of the things that I can complain about with you and I think the biggest one is our weekly piano fight. I keep forcing you to practice and you just don't want to. It's really no fun, but I am glad that you can and will play in seminary.
I'm also not a huge fan of how much time you spend staring at screens. Or, how you can't walk by a sibling without tripping them or bugging them in some sort of way.
But those little things are nothing. You are so great. You care, you help Allie with math, you are quick to help me out with anything I ask. You are happy each day and grateful when I drive you to and from places. You are a good friend and are easy to be around.
You do your church duties and are happy to go to class. It's become a bit of a joke that the kids ask you to pray every single week because you never turn them down. You say "more blessings for me!"
I love that when we pray in the mornings, you pray for me and the other members of our family.
I love that you ask me questions and are genuinely interested in listening to my answers.
I love that you come up to say hello to Charlie every morning and take good care of him too.
You are still in love with gummy worms and OJ. You love certain kinds of pencils and you like to keep your area neat.
You still let me cut your hair, but I can tell that you are stressed out every time I start cutting. Any time I pause, you say "did you make a mistake?" in a panicked voice. I'll gain your trust back somehow. :)
I can't believe you are old enough to drive now. We just have to go get your permit and you can start practicing.
There will be so many new things this coming year. I'm excited for you to experience it all. Dad and I are here to support you and help you as you go through this life. I am so proud of who you are becoming and I love you more than you can imagine.
Love,
Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment