Friday, December 13, 2019

Disassemble

We worked to tear apart the kitchen this weekend.

 Mike sold our old cabinets on KSL and they are coming on Monday to start with the new ones.
It'll be a while without water because the sink can't be placed until the counter tops get here.  Didn't think about that when I was making plans.  I guess we'll be doing dishes in the bath tub for a while.

The old linoleum brought back memories.  Mike  hated it so bad.  He was so excited when we were able to get the wood floor put in.
I remember sitting on a 5 gallon bucket scraping up glue and pulling nails for the new floor to come in.
Our new cabinets have to follow the old footprint because we installed that floor with all the cabinets in place.
After tearing out this kitchen, there isn't much left in this house that is original.  The tile in the front entryway, the little bathroom floor and shower is really all there is.  We've replaces carpets, light fixtures, showers, and everything else.  Crazy!

No comments: