He really likes books. He has a few in his crib that he reads before and after naps. Sometimes he will bring me a book and then back up into my lap so he can sit and look at it from a comfy spot. I love that my kids like reading. It's so much more fun than pulling all the ribbon off the spindles in my craft room...isn't it?
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Books
Nate was gone. The house was quiet. That's enough to strike fear into my heart. Not fear for his safety, just for the safety of the house, or the things in it really. I was doing dishes, so I knew he wasn't in the room with me pulling out the glassware, or over in the living room sucking on the Wii remotes. I looked in all the usual haunts...was he in the bathroom closet trying to open all the lotions, Jake's room looking for small things to consume and probably choke on, or my room under the computer desk trying to push buttons or break the computer in the ways only a toddler knows? He wasn't in any of those places. He can go down the stairs with ease now, so I checked all his downstairs hang outs. He wasn't pushing buttons on the xbox or turning the volume nob on the sound system. He wasn't taking the wheat out of the wheat grinder and tossing it in the air in the food storage room. He wasn't putting things in the downstairs toilet or playing with toys in the toy room. I should mention that this quick search was only a matter of seconds, but I was starting to get baffled as to where he could be. I called his name and that didn't produce anything. I checked his room last and there he was. Looking at a book. Is there anything cuter than that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment