Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Birthday!

My sister Lori is a leap year baby.  She might be older than me, but really she is only turning 9 today.  Her kids are passing her up!
I have always felt a little bad for her.  My brother's birthday is on the 28th so she can't really celebrate it on the last day of February when it's not a leap year.  But who wants to celebrate a February birthday in March?  Even if it is just the next day.
So when it is a leap year, she gets pretty excited about having a real birthday.
Here she is when she was turning 3...

...and when she was 9 "regular" years old, with me.



Happy Birthday Lori!  Hope it's a great one.  Live it up!

2 comments:

melissa said...

WOW! I see a great deal of Allie in the picture with you and Lori. You've always said how much she looks like your Dad, but I didn't get the chance to know your Dad. All I see is you. She's beautiful, just like you!

Berly said...

I was going to say the same thing. Allie looks so much like you!