Friday, February 24, 2012

Conversation in the car

The scene...

Allie and I were headed to the library.  She was busy coloring in the back seat and didn't want to go in with me to pick up our books.  She told me she would just stay in and color while I went in.  I was only picking up books that were on hold, so I knew it would be fast.

The conversation...

Me:  Are you sure you don't want to just run in and come back out to color?
Allie:  Yeah, I'm sure.  You can just be fast can't you?
Me:  I guess.  But what if someone wanted to take you?
Allie:  You can just lock the door.
Me:  Okay...I'll run.  Don't get out of the car. 
I ran in and got the books and was back out before her Taylor Swift song was over (I set her up with my ipod first).
Me:  That was fast wasn't it?
Allie:  Yeah.  And no one stole me.
Me:  I'm glad! 
Allie: (sounding dejected) I guess no one wanted me...

No comments: