Friday, February 10, 2012

More

Since the last post was a little bit about Sam, today is a little more.
There were two other babies born in the neighborhood around the same time as Sam.  One is Mary.  She is so cute, and so spunky.  We babysat her for an afternoon and had such a good time.  Every time I looked over and saw her playing so well with both Allie and Nate, I had a little twinge of sadness and missed what I could have had.  I could have had a full house.  When Jake is at school and Nate is napping, Allie gets so bored.  Mary filled the absence of the day and we all enjoyed having her here.


Allie read them books and felt like such a big girl.  She kept saying "Man!  It's hard to be a big sister to two babies!"

It was fun to see them all lined up at the table interacting with each other at lunch.  I will always feel the absence of Sam.
I remember Mike's aunt Helen telling me that it was a comfort for her mom to watch the other kids her daughter Marylin's age grow up.  Marylin had a heart defect and lived until she was two.
Anyway, I remember her telling me that and wondering if I would ever feel the same.  At the time, I just thought it was too sad.  A huge reminder of what I was missing.  But, now I tend to swing the other way.  It does bring me joy to see Mary grow up.  I smile when I sit in Church in front of her and hear her say cute things way too loud...then when she is told to be quiet, she insists even louder that she is being quiet.  I smile as I hear her scream her way out of the meeting, or when I see her throwing big fits.  She is a strong willed child and I get a kick out of her. 
I'm sure I would have thought she was a cute kid at any age, but the fact that she is Sam's age draws me to her even more.
Anyway, it was fun having her in our house.  Her presence did remind me of all that I could have, but it was good at the same time.  I am reminded that Sam's place is in heaven.  He is doing great things.

No comments: