Saturday, January 20, 2018

A False Alarm

Nate sometimes feels left out.  Right now, he feels a bit left out when people talk about losing teeth.  There are a lot of teeth falling out in first grade and Nate hasn't lost one.  At our last dentist appointment, the dentist told him that he'd lose a few soon.  He does have a loose tooth, so one night, we tried to pull it.  I took the before pictures because I was afraid my cute little Nate boy would lose his cute little baby tooth smile... 


It was a false alarm.  I couldn't get the tooth to come out.  Allie (who has recently lost 5 teeth) tried to pull it too.  It just wasn't ready.  We even asked my dentist brother to give it a yank when we were at my mom's for Christmas.  He said it wasn't wiggly enough.  I think he was just trying to avoid being the uncle who scares little kids with his tooth pulling skills.


So, for now, Nate's still got all his baby teeth.  I'm certainly happy with it, but he isn't.  He isn't like Allie though (she attacks a tooth the second it is the least bit wiggly and gets that thing outta there), so it might stay in there a lot longer. 

No comments: