Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Conversation on the way to preschool...

The Scene...
We drove by the home of a man in our neighborhood who just died...

Jason: That guy died.  So many people are dying right now that soon there won't be anyone to talk to!

Finn: My Grandma died.  My grandpa just walked in and found her dead, so he called the people and they came and took her to the cemetery and buried her in the ground.

Jason: Sam died.

Finn: They just found her dead and then got a casket and put her in the ground.

Jason: Sam got buried there too.

Finn: Where?

Jason:  The place you just said.

Me: (interrupting) Sam got buried in Spanish Fork.  I'm pretty sure Finn's grandma is buried in Salt Lake.

Jason: Do you know why it's called Spanish Fork?

Finn: Why?

Jason: Because some guy who spoke Spanish, dropped his gold fork and couldn't find it for a long, long, long time. 

(we pulled up to the school)

Jason & Finn: Bye Mom!!!  Bye!


These boys crack me up.  I love to listen to them talk.  The Spanish Fork story cracks me up because Jake told the boys some elaborate story about a Spanish guy who lost his fork and I have never corrected him.  Now, I guess we're passing pearls of wisdom to other people.  I wonder how old Jason will be when he realizes that the story of the Spaniard just isn't true.  At least it's funny.


No comments: