The kids have been going nuts that I haven't posted about the hedgehog babies. Lola had babies August 31. I was way behind in all the other things to blog about and didn't ever get around to writing about that batch. Now she's had babies again! There were 5 babies born in this litter. 4 boys and 1 girl. These pictures are of them when they are just hours old. Lola is a good little momma and she takes good care of her babies.
You aren't supposed to mess with the babies until they are two weeks old, but when Lola had them, her cage was already really stinky. I made the kids scoop out the worst of the pee and poop and try not to bother Lola and the babies in the igloo. Those two weeks are always brutal...the cage can get stinky fast and poor Jake has to live with them in his room. We put the last batch out in the garage because it was warm outside. We couldn't do that this time, so he had to live with it. Anyway, look forward to new pictures! They sure get cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment