I was getting ready for bed when I realized that I didn't take my picture for the day. I picked up the camera and went in search of a subject. Now that I'm sitting here, I totally could have taken a cute picture of the kids sleeping (maybe that will be tomorrow's picture). Instead, I walked into the kitchen and saw my stack of clean dishes that are always the worst part of bread day...
I didn't want to do those dishes tonight, but one of my other resolutions was to make sure I cleaned up the kitchen counter every night so I could wake up to a clean slate. I failed my resolution on bread day, and then I was embarrassed because a friend popped in early the next morning and the counter was littered with bread pans and crumbs. I was at a funeral all day and never got around to it until tonight, when I really would have rather just gone to bed and faced it in the morning. However, I have a book that I need to finish for book club, so I just rolled up my sleeves and got it done. So, this photo represents two new resolutions accomplished tonight...a photo and a clean surface (even though I am procrastinating putting away the clean dishes).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment