It's been just me and Jason for a few years, and now that summer is upon us, it won't be just us anymore. All the kids will be home, and then he'll head off to kindergarten. I'm going to miss it just being us.
When I was blogging about the trip, he was next to me looking at pictures. He just kept saying the funniest things, so I started to write them down...
Jason: Thanks for coming up with the idea of that trip, because it was super fun. The best part was the cave part, and also the scariest part when they turned off the lights.
Me: It was fun wasn't it. What was your least favorite part of the trip?
Jason: Going to see George Washington.
Me: What!? Why?
Jason: Because he's my favorite president!
Me: Then, why was it your least favorite part of the trip?
Jason: Because I just really like him.
Me: "Least favorite" means something you didn't like. So you did like Mount Rushmore?
Jason: Yeah. It was my favorite.
...then later...
Jason: You need to get a black suit for me when I get married.
Me: A black suit?
Jason: Yeah. Don't you wear a black suit when you get married?
Me: Yep.
Jason: Why, when you are a girl, do you have to wear a white skirt around your head when you are getting married?
...and after seeing someone bring a tray of food to Robin in the Batman show that he was watching, he said...
Jason: That actually looks really fun for someone to bring you food wherever you are sitting. I wish someone would bring me a tray of food.
Me: You can't eat food just anywhere. But, I'll bring you a tray of food into the kitchen.
Jason: How bout a tray of carrots to eat in here and a tray of pears to eat in the kitchen.
...then, later...
Jason: It's actually pretty fun being a young kid because I get to play lots of fun things, I get to go to a fun preschool, go on a fun trip, play with my brothers...that's probably it.
Me: That's probably it?
Jason: Yeah, mostly.
It is pretty great being a young kid. I'm glad you are enjoying it Jason. I love enjoying your childhood with you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment