When I was growing up, I sat in the car as my mom went into the post office to get our mail from the p.o. box, and I went with her on countless trips to the bank. Things were certainly different then. There was no online banking. I remember bringing my hard earned cash into the bank for a deposit. I guess my kids haven't ever been to the bank. I know I have had to take them a time or two, but they were infants. I just don't go to the bank. Mike has to go occasionally, but I really just don't. So, when we pulled up to the bank for Mike to deposit a check, Allie said "Is it like Gringots in there? Like are there just stacks of money and gold?" I turned around to look at her and sure enough, she was being serious. She didn't know. I told her and Nate to hop out and run into the bank to see what it looked like.
They both came out feeling like they were ripped off. There wasn't any money in sight. They couldn't see a big vault with gold and jewels spilling out. It was just an office with some cubicles. I laughed so hard. They were completely disappointed and disillusioned. Sorry kids. A bank is pretty boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment