I've mentioned that 7-11 isn't there anymore. Well, the kids still like to ride their bikes down the canyon to find places to get a cold treat. This time, Allie asked if she could ride with Lily to Pink's. It's down by the grocery store. I knew that Allie and Lily would be fine doing it, but as soon as Jason and Nate heard of their plans, they started crying and begging to go too. I talked Allie into taking Nate. She was nice and said that he could. I told Jason that his bike was just too unreliable. The chain comes off easily, and since there aren't gears, he just couldn't keep up with the others. He was so sad.
In a moment of weakness, I told him that he could go and I would follow him down in the truck so that when he got tired, we could toss his bike in the truck and meet the kids at Pink's.
We were going so slow that I entertained myself by taking pictures of him through the mirror and out the windows.
He insisted on wearing his motorcycle helmet.
He also rode the whole way there. I finally made him get in the truck when we got to the parking lot because cars were zooming all around, but he rode the whole way. The other kids had only beat us by a few minutes.
They enjoyed their shaved ice and (in the boy's cases) felt pretty proud of themselves for riding there on their own.
No comments:
Post a Comment