Jake came home with blisters all over again from the poison oak at the fort. I went over there with him because I wanted to see what was so cool about the fort and the dam that it was worth getting blisters and rashes all over.
The boys have built a dam and it's gotten pretty deep.
So deep that Jake had to help Nate around in case he slipped in over his head.
It's cold water, and Nate didn't stay in long, but he thought it was great.
The boys have identified the plants that are giving them all the blisters. It's poison oak and it's everywhere down there. They sprayed it and have plans to come back and destroy it with fire. It's really quite gross to see all their legs, feet, and faces. I wish I had a picture of Carson's leg. It's crazy. Jake's got the big spot on his face and then little spots all over his legs and feet. We've learned all about it though and now we know all the things we did wrong in treating it. I hope we don't have to deal with it again next year, but if we do, we know that you shouldn't use soap until after you've rinsed it and using rubbing alcohol. Soap just lifts the oil and spreads it to other parts of your body. A sweet neighbor lady made a mix of oils and stuff to make a salve for the boys and it seemed to help Jake too. So, like I said, now we're more prepared, but I sure hope we don't have to deal with it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment