Monday, December 24, 2018

All the Traditions...

Around Thanksgiving, I had a conversation with my friend about how I was going to make sure I did all the traditions this year.  Sometimes I get busy and the month slips away and I find that I didn't do all the things I wanted to do.  Then, before I know it, it's Christmas season again and it happens all over again.  So, I resolved to do better this year.  But I spent the month being sick with one thing after another and then, suddenly it was 2 days before Christmas, I was still sick, and not only had I not done all the traditions, I hadn't even finished shopping for the people I love.  So, we crammed things in.  I picked a few that I could do without issue and we did them.

 We had our Grinch dinner.  We ate Who rare roast beast.  We had Who hash, and Who pudding.  We listened to the Grinch as we did it, and the kids loved it.

Then, later that evening, we went on the Schwabby Express.  4 out of 5 hot chocolates spilled in various places from the kitchen to the car.  I said "serenity now" so many times that it actually worked to calm me down, and we ended up having a lot of fun.


My mom gave us these glasses that distort light to make cool shapes.  Each of the kids had one and it made our ride in the car awesome. 

I took a picture through the lens so you could see it too.  This is how it turns the lights on our Christmas tree to candy canes.


We had reindeer, Santa, and a snowman too.  The kids switched around so everyone could have a turn with one or another and it was really fun.  We listened to the Polar Express and saw some really spectacular light shows around Smithfield.


So, we got a few traditions checked off the list.  I need to learn to have fewer expectations of myself.  It would also be nice not to be sick though too...

No comments: