Jason has started drawing all the time. I love it, and I love his pictures. He's always got someone in mind when he makes a drawing and this time it was for a kid at school named Rys (I actually don't know how to spell it). On one of the first days of school, Jason came home saying that a kid had made fun of his name. When I asked for more of the story, he told me that the kid had asked why it was Jason and not Jace. I told Jason that the kid wasn't making fun of him, that he was just asking a question. Then, out of curiosity, I asked Jason the name of the kid we had been talking about. He said "I actually can't remember. It's like the food that we eat with stroganoff, but you say it different." I said "rice?" He excitedly said "yes! His name is like rice, but you say it like 'rize'".
This reminded me so much of when Jake was teased in kindergarten for his name. The kid was named Tanis. I told Jason not to worry about it and they have since become friends on the bus.
The next picture has a story. We were all in the car driving somewhere and Mike and I were talking about jobs we've had. I don't know how we got to the conversation, but it lead to talking about people pooping all over bathrooms. It turns out that on Mike's last day as a bagger at Albertson's in Jackson, someone pooped in the bathroom and wiped it all over. Mike was asked to clean it up and he refused. He left early and never went back. It was his last day before he went on his mission and he wasn't about to clean that up.
On my first day at the Foothill Chevron, someone played with poop just as one of the other employees was about to leave for the day. Since it was my first day, the manager made the other guy clean it up, so I didn't have to. Our kids were so disgusted by the conversation and they couldn't believe that someone would do that. Fast forward a week...I was laying in my bed reading to the boys. Charlie kept hopping off the bed to go into my bathroom. I'd call him back into the room, but he just wouldn't come. I asked Jason to investigate and Jason told me that Charlie was licking poo off the toilet seat. I was off the bed in a flash wondering what the heck Jason was talking about. I walked into this scene...with Charlie trying to lick it off. ...
I just about died. I started yelling right away asking who would have pooped and wiped it all over the toilet. I blamed Nate. He admitted that it was him and then I freaked out even more trying to figure out why he would think that was okay! A few minutes into my rant, I found out that it was Nutella. We had eaten pancakes that night for dinner and some of the kids had Nutella on them. After finding that out, I was able to relax and enjoy the joke. I thought it was pretty clever of Nate. When Mike and Jake came home from YM, I told them about it. Jake was laughing and fessed up that he was really the one who had done it. Nate was just trying to claim ownership. Jake was delighted that I was fooled. He cleaned up the mess and all was well.
I welcome pranks, but if I ever come across poop like that, we now have evidence of what my reaction will be, and it's not good.
No comments:
Post a Comment