Monday, December 31, 2018

The Book of Mormon

I followed President Nelson's council to the women of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and I read the Book of Mormon in the months since his talk in General Conference.  I guess I can't say that I read it because there was very little reading going on.  I mostly listened to it.  I listen to books every day of my life.  I feel very lost if there is a laundry pile or a stack of dishes in front of me and I don't have something in my ear making the time go faster.  I had a pretty regular pattern of listening to the scriptures too.  I would listen as I got ready for the day.  I would get 3 or 4 verses in and call it good.  With this quick goal in mind, I listened for longer periods of time.  I love how many things I could see that parallel life around me.  I loved making sense of a timeline that I hadn't ever taken the time to see before.  I loved praying about it at the end and feeling that I am on the right track.  The things that I am trying to do as a wife, Mom, daughter, RS Pres., friend, etc, and most importantly as a Child of God, are enough.  I am enough. We are all enough. Our Heavenly Father loves us.
If I keep close to the Spirit, my Savior, and my Heavenly Father, They can help me to do all things.  I am really grateful for that knowledge.
This new Come Follow Me thing at church puts a lot of pressure on us to teach in the home.  I know that we are up to the task though and that good things will come of it.  They already have.

I'm thankful for this challenge and for the momentum that I have to do it again. 

No comments: