A month ago, or more, Allie and I made plans to go down to Orem to watch The Nutcracker with my mom, sister, and nieces. We were all excited to go and then Mike felt the familiar pain of a kidney stone. I went to the hospital with him to get the tests done and felt really bad for him, but I was also watching the clock as the time neared when I would be leaving if we still wanted to see the ballet.
The doctor said the stone was a day or even just hours from passing, so I made the decision to go. I made Mike comfortable, left Jake in charge of all the things Mike might need, and I gathered up the rest of the kids (and Charlie) and sped down to Orem. My nephew watched Jason and Nate while Allie and I went to the ballet and we had a great time.
I have always loved Tchaikovsky and the orchestra was really great. We had awesome seats and it was just really nice.
Allie was amazed at how seemingly effortlessly those ballerinas dance on their toes. Now that she's learning pointe, she realizes how hard it is and she enjoyed watching the ballerinas dance.
We stayed over night and helped Mom with a few things, and then we got on the road. Charlie is normally a great traveler. He usually just plops onto my lap and stays there the whole time.
This time, he smelled something on the floor that he wanted and he wouldn't be deterred.
After a few minutes of rampage, he fell asleep with the sack around his neck and rode that way the rest of the way home.
That Charlie can make a mess to rival any toddler.
On another note, Mike passed the stone a few hours after we left and spent the rest of the weekend enjoying himself in a quiet house. Jake invited a friend over and spent a solid 6 hours staring at a screen with him. Ugh.
We had a great time though and were glad that we went.


No comments:
Post a Comment