Jason was so excited for his school singing program. They started learning songs at the beginning of November and he would walk around singing songs all month. His favorite was "I'm Getting Nothing for Christmas". Not sure if it's because he can relate to the naughty behavior...
Anyway, the day before the program, they had a rehearsal in front of some of the kids at school. Nathan got to go to it and he came home saying he was so embarrassed because Jason bowed after every song. The boys got arguing about it, and before I could break them up, there were punches thrown and tears shed. I made Nate apologize and told Jason that he could bow after every song if he wanted to.
Lucky for us, he did just that...
The kids were so cute! They sang all these cute songs with fun little hand gestures and at the end of every song, my little Jason took a bow. Mike and I were dying with our silent fits of giggles. We had gotten Allie out of her class so she could see it too and we were all exchanging looks and trying not to laugh out loud.
The little girl next to Jason started getting after him at the end of the songs telling him to stop, but I had given him a thumbs up and he wasn't about to stop when he knew he had made me and Mike smile. So, at each song's end, he made a bow and then held whispered arguments with the girl next to him as she tried to make him stop.
A few songs in and people all around us were adding their silent giggles to ours as they noticed the funny kid bowing on the back row. I even got a few texts from other moms that I knew who said Jason was cracking them up.
That kid...
Way to go Jason! It was our last Kindergarten sing along and you made it one to remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment