Sunday, March 31, 2013
A onesie story
When Jake was born, my mom gave me a pack of onesies that are different colors and have the days of the week embroidered on the front. Jake wore them and then when Allie came along, she wore them too.
Sam wore them, and so did Nate.
Now Jason is wearing them.
When Jason was just a few days old, I got into the drawer to get him dressed and saw the onesies all folded in a neat little stack. My mom had washed them and put them in the drawer to await my cute little Jason. I looked through them remembering all the cute little Schwabby babies and started to cry. Sunday was missing from the stack. Sunday is missing because that's what Sam was buried in with his beautiful little white blessing outfit. The Sunday onesie was pure white, so that's why we used it.
A mom shouldn't have to bury her baby. It's something that I think of whenever I hear of another child that goes to heaven.
I think about Sam all the time. Throughout my pregnancy and when I found out about Sam's heart, I connected with his spirit and I know that he lives on. So, although I feel like something is always missing from our earthly life, I do know that his spirit is very much alive and helping us from the other side of the veil.
Jason is growing out of these onesies. They can barely snap over his chunky little body. They'll be washed for the last time and folded up for me to save forever. It's a sad thing for me to say goodbye to the baby stage of our lives, but I am grateful for every stage and for every day that I have with these kids here on earth. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that we will be together as a family and that I will get to be with my sweet Sam again, because I ache for him some days.
So, today, I wanted to share this story because my Savior Jesus Christ made all of that possible. He lives. I know that, and I am so grateful for that knowledge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful story! I love you and Sam and all your babies who wore the sweet onesies! Love u
Love this Sue. Happy Easter to you and all the Schwabbies.
Post a Comment