Friday, March 1, 2013

Stats

Jason had his well baby appointment and I wanted to post his stats.
I thought Nate was a monster at this age, but Jason is only a few ounces behind him.  He weighs 15 pounds 6 oz. (50%).  He is 25 inches (50%) and his head is in the 25%.
He's just growing right along.

If you didn't look back at the post of the other kids at this age, HERE is the link.  I can't believe how small Jake was in comparison with these younger boys.



The appointment was a bit of a nightmare.  Nate found a bag of cereal in the diaper bag and shook it as he pulled it out of the bag.  It was like a Ziploc commercial.  Obviously I am wishing I wouldn't have tried to save money with that "no name" brand.  Cereal was everywhere in a matter of seconds.  Jason was in a full fit (he doesn't do it often, but he chose that moment...)  We were in the waiting room, so people were starting to stare.  Nate was eating all the cereal off the floor (my personal nightmare...eating at a pediatrician's office...sick kids everywhere...) and jumping on the ones that weren't already crumbled.  The nurses called for housekeeping and said it was no big deal, but I still felt like "that lady who can't control her kids".  
Right about then, they called us back and I tried to juggle the car seat, a screaming Jason, and Nate with his monster truck.  When we walked past our doctor, he laughed and said "uh oh".  He knows Nate.  We have many conversations about his son, who seems a lot like Nate, and their wild ways.
We got to the room and Jason had a blow out.  The nurse didn't close the exam room door and Nate was out looking for "suckies" before I even knew he was gone.  She didn't get the hint that life is easier with Nate when doors are closed and she kept leaving it open.  It didn't help that the scale was out in the hall and it meant another trip outside.  I was in a full sweat because they keep those rooms so warm and I was chasing.
It's crazy how life seems to just get so chaotic the minute we leave our house.  I can handle anything at home, but as soon as we are out of our controlled environment, things get crazy.
I think this is the peak of the crazy life though.  Nate is getting more and more vocal.  He can understand my requests and is getting better at following through.  For example, he holds my hand in the parking lot now without a fight.  That is a new thing.  He used to try and break away.  When I was carrying the big bulky car seat, it was hard to keep a hold of him.  Now, he respects that rule.
I really do think it will get better from here.  Enough of that though, I really am so grateful for these two cute boys...even on crazy days they both bring me such joy.

Jason didn't handle the shots very well.  He was a sad, sad boy the rest of the day and night.  I felt bad for him, but it's completely necessary, and now he's doing fine
.


And if you wondered what Nate was doing while we were having the photo shoot...




 He wasn't too far away.




1 comment:

Stephanie Hancock said...

Your comments about being 'the lady who couldn't control her children' actually gave me alot of comfort, because I feel like that lady a lot! Gotta love boys, I think we'll be sad when they grow up.