Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Run on sentences

I love Nate's run on sentences.  He gets excited about something and seems to throw out every word he knows.

For example, I have told you he loves showers, so at the end of dinner when a shower is mentioned, he strains at the buckles that restrain him in his seat and says "shower? Shower! Allie! Jake! Shower! Seat belt, bucko (buckle), shower? Allie, Jake, seatbelt, bucko, clean up, shower?" and on and on until he is in the shower.  Then it's "told! (cold) Allie! Jake! told shower? told".  Along with all the words are cute little giggles.

When you mention the word "ride" to Nate, he says "4ler? ride? shoes? toat? (coat) jacket? 4ler, 4ler, ride, outside, shoes, toat" and on and on until we are outside on the 4 wheeler ready for a ride.  He has disappointingly learned that the word "ride" doesn't always mean a ride on the four wheeler, but he is still always up for an outing.

Today's cute run on sentence came as he was standing on a chair trying to get rid of the rod that keeps the sliding glass door closed off from him.  I had been taking a shower and he was in just a diaper and Allie's shoes.  I came upon the scene and he pointed to the door and said "just a sec. see a Daddy doin? Outside, shoes, chair, door, see a Daddy doin? righ back mom.  See a Daddy doin?"

I love it.

No comments: