Every night the kids play "hop on pop". Mike must enjoy it because even though the kids are getting big enough that they hurt him, he still lays down on the floor in the evenings. The kids all think that's an open invitation to jump on him. He does the "torture treatment" where he hugs and squeezes them and they squeal and beg to be let go. Nate especially hates the torture treatment. Jason isn't a fan either.
Jake and Allie are often forced to be "pillows" to dad and they claim that they hate it, but they keep going back for more.
I am usually doing dishes while they wrestle on the floor. It is a constant barrage of screams, giggles, grunts, and "no! Dad! NO!"
Mike repeatedly says "No! You're getting to big to do that!" along with his triumphant "got you" and "torture treatment!" calls every now and then.
It's actually painful for me to listen to. I hate hearing him constantly get ignored on his requests for them not to jump on him, and I hate hearing the kids crying in annoyance (mostly Nate). I guess it's all in fun though because they do it day after day.
No comments:
Post a Comment